Last year in November I bought mango paste by Home Chef with the clear intention of making these cupcakes.
Some weeks ago, I read on Facebook that Home Chef products were going to be commercialized using smaller jars. This made me so happy because, except for the vanilla flavor, I don't use the other pastes often enough to make buying them worthwhile. In fact, I usually share them with other friends who cook; I mean, we buy among all of us.
I was really surprised last Friday when I was at "Crema y Chocolate" (in Spanish); I found the new 6 oz. jars priced the same as the 12.2 oz. ones. According to the clerk, Home Chef has changed the size but kept the price, which seems absolutely unacceptable to me!!!
I have to ask: can someone confirm this for me??? I'm open to being replied to directly from Home Chef, which would be very much appreciated!!!
So, I wanted to make some mango cupcakes with coconut frosting. Those flavors are associated with summertime, so I'm finally going to use the mango paste to make them.
The cupcakes are decorated with beautiful butterflies made with special icing sugar that is placed on a silicone pad from Silikomart and baked at a low temperature. The icing sugar is very easy to use, and I think it makes cakes, cupcakes, and cookies look great.
Mango and Coconut Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 120 gr. (4.2 oz.) of salted butter at room temperature
- 200 gr. (7 oz.) of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200 gr. (7 oz.) of flour
- 120 ml. (1/2 cup) of milk
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 25 gr. (1 1/2 tbsp) of mango paste
- 250 gr. (8.8 oz.) of salted butter at ambient temperature
- 325 gr. (11.4 oz.) of icing sugar
- 2 drops of coconut extract
- 2 tbsp. of milk
- grated coconut
- Mix the butter with the sugar, then add the eggs one by one.
- Add half of the flour and mix. Then add the milk and stir. Add the rest of the flour and stir again. Finally, add the mango paste.
- Divide the batter into 12 molds and bake at 180º C (356º F) for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Lightly beat the butter and slowly add the icing sugar while stirring. In the middle of this process, the coconut extract can be added. When the sugar is completely mixed, add two tbsp. of milk (to make the mixture lighter).
- Fill a pastry bag and attach the chosen nozzle. Decorate the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with the grated coconut. Refrigerate and remove 15 minutes before eating them.